Tuesday, November 20, 2012

You know you're getting old...

...When you start getting excited about buying house-related stuff, especially cute furniture and kitchenware. You get excited with the silliest stuff like scented candles, cute bowls that match your dinner mat, or those colorful measuring spoons you use when cooking. I personally love multipurpose stuff and those thingamajigs used for organizing things! I don't know about you but I'm currently onto these things like there's no tomorrow. Getting old is just a state of mind anyways; mind over matter is what they say. ;)

This post will serve as my "ideabook" for that day when we start building our own house. The thought of recreating and DIY-ing some of these make me blush.  Photos are from Houzz.

Pan storage so they won't come crashing when you open that door.

A hanging daybed in the backyard for some relaxation. 

Love these glass jar chandeliers.

Human sized mirror - a necessity.

Use every inch of your house by creating corner shelves.

Spices organizer

Not your ordinary clock

Apothecary jars as food storage. 

Glass lamp

Fire pit kit for a backyard get together with friends at night.
Cord labellings for less confusion

I prefer sliding doors.

Knives organizer

Another glass chandelier/lamp. Love how glass are aesthetically endearing.

Pull down kitchen faucet.

A nice headboard.

Built-in hamper/clothes bin

Positive reminder

A nice tub with caddy for some alone time.

Built-in trash cabinet

Dream kitchen

Lion's head knocker

Space saving pantry ideas.

Wood looking porcelain tiles

Study desk with storage for the kid

Walk-in closet

I cannot wait for the day when we move out of my parents' house and finally have our own place we can call 'home'. I've been quietly envisioning how I'll decorate our first home -- majority will be painted white and pops of colors and personalities will be delivered through wall arts, furniture, textures, fabrics, decors, lighting and etc. I'd like bedrooms to be eclectic while the rest of the house would be a mixture of contemporary and modern styles. If money weren't an issue I'd like to have my own office and walk-in closet, Al's recording studio and office, game room for kids, a guest room, and a large backyard with a pool. Hey, no wrong in dreaming big... and it's free!

What's your dream house? And how would you decorate it?



2 comments:

  1. You used Al's name! Woohoo.. I like the glass chandelier idea. so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember I used his name once before. Yup plus it can be DIY-ed!

    ReplyDelete